With over 25 million activation in the holiday season of 2011 alone it is hard to ignore mobile application development now. Every organization, even large enterprises are looking to build small useful mobile applications for their employees on the go. This presents a huge opportunity as well as a challenge for the web / desktop application developer who now faces the dilemma of learning a highly fragmented developer space.
In this session, I will share my own experience of learning, developing and publishing a mobile application in just two weeks. We will look at the tools available to us for mobile app development and pros and cons of each.
The session will consist of the following topics –
- Why we need to learn mobile programming
- The current state of mobile programming
- The problem is too much choice
- Building applications with PhoneGap and Sencha Touch
- Building applications with PhoneGap and jQuery Mobile